Who We Are
Island Grill is a Jamaican quick service restaurant chain based in Kingston Jamaica, with locations throughout the island. Our Vision is to grow our chain so that we can share our unique Jamaican cuisine with the world! Our Team strives to consistently provide great quality Jamaican food, excellent service and a great restaurant experience.
Our value is derived from the quality of our Leadership, our goal oriented Team, our process management, and our ability to innovate and connect with our customers. As a result, we have established a large loyal customer base, and have differentiated ourselves from our competition.
Our Team is comprised of a large supportive “family” with diverse views and expertise. Everything we do requires collaboration and teamwork, as well as an appreciation for our customers’ wants and needs. We embrace innovation and continuous improvement to add value to both our Team Members and customers’ lives.
Marketing Officer Position Summary
Island Grill is seeking to add a Marketing Officer to our Team. This position plays a critical role in overseeing the success of our restaurant sales building plans and the implementation of our Marketing strategy on a day to day basis. The Marketing Operations Officer reports directly to our Marketing Director.
As the ideal candidate, you will possess a high energy level and great organizational skills to manage and maintain multiple simultaneous projects, while meeting agreed upon deadlines and budgets. Critical to this position are excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills.
As the Marketing Officer, your success will be realized when you help our Island Grill Team execute successful promotions and grow brand loyalty in a way that makes our Vision a reality.
In addition to company policies and procedures, key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Sales Building & Team Support
- Building and maintaining a “sales building” focused team culture through restaurant visits, team training and support.
- Working closely with the District Managers and Marketing Team to develop sales best practices and talking points around big customer issues.
- Serving as the communication liaison between Island Grill employees and the Marketing department in support of our promotions and ongoing Marketing initiatives.
- BA in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Marketing or a related field preferred.
- Experience within a multi-unit, retail or hospitality environment also preferred
How to apply
A complete job description can be requested by email or viewed on our Island Grill Careers Facebook Page.
Applications must include a resume along with a cover letter.
The cover letter should outline why you believe you are the ideal candidate for this position.
September 25, 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted