A Jamaican based boutique Software Engineering Firm with years of continuous, successful operation in Jamaica has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer. The successful candidate will work within a software engineering team environment along with other Engineers, IT staff, Project Managers, and business users to create and maintain web and desktop applications.
We are truly an innovative company, with clients and strategic alliance partners on three continents offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, we offer a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
Develop software solutions to meet customer requirements through team and individual efforts. Participates in the analysis and composition of requirements, design of architectural and component software features, design and implementation of system, design and implementation of test plan, and documentation of final product. Should be able to adapt to new languages, methodologies, and platforms to meet the needs of the project.
- Convert requirements into functional, tested software
- Collaborate with colleagues on software implementation strategies
- Writing and unit-testing efficient code
- Work with the quality assurance group to fix code bugs in a timely manner
- Provide effective verbal and written communication
- Understand and follow the software development methodology
- Experience working in a structured software development environment using development tools for code version control, QA and testing
- Proficient with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Solid understanding of relational database technologies, logical and physical data modelling
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in computer programming
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work constructively as an individual or in groups with minimal supervision
- Must have a keen eye for UI design aesthetics and attention to detail
- 2 years of proven application development experience that includes creating distributed applications through analysis of specific business requirements
|Job Category||Information Technology|